Trinity’s comprehensive college counseling program assists all students and families individually as they prepare to complete Upper School and transition to college. We provide personalized attention and direction to our students as they explore their gifts and passions and investigate the postsecondary educational options that best fit their goals, and we encourage families also to be involved in this process.
At Trinity we strongly believe in the principle of college as a match to be made, not a prize to be won. God has uniquely created each student with his or her own distinctive long-term aspirations. The best college fit is the one that meets the student’s academic, social, spiritual, and financial goals.
Trinity School is a member of the National Association for College Admission Counseling (NACAC), as well as the Southern Association for College Admission Counseling (SACAC). We support the NACAC Statement of Principles of Good Practice, a code of ethical conduct that articulates the responsibilities of college members and secondary school members.
Trinity uses Naviance for college planning.
The Mission of Trinity’s Counseling Department is:
- To provide support services that promote the positive development of the whole person, academically, spiritually, and socially.
- To develop a program designed to assist all students in acquiring the knowledge and skills necessary to become successful students, productive members of society, and lifelong learners committed to pursuing personal and professional growth.
- To collaborate with the school, families, and community to promote the personal, social, and academic development of the students.
- To facilitate positive, constructive communication among all members of the school community.
- To promote an accepting and inclusive school culture which will value, affirm, and respect the differences among all members.
- To guide all Upper School students through the college admissions process.
Please contact Trinity’s college counselor, Melinda Bissett, if you have questions about Trinity's college counseling services.
Director of College Counseling
Assistant to the Director of College Counseling
919-402-8262, ext. 2510