Trinity School empowers students to strive for balance and wellness. Wellness is an active, ongoing process which involves becoming aware of and taking steps toward a healthier, happier, more successful life.
Dawn Ward, M.Ed, NCC, LPCA
Trinity strives to provide a comprehensive school counseling program that promotes and enhances student learning through emotional, social, and spiritual development. Short-term counseling is provided by the school’s licensed counselor. Ms. Ward is available to meet with all students TK–grade 12 individually, in small groups, and through classroom guidance lessons.
- To provide support services that promote the positive development of the whole person, academically, spiritually, and socially.
- To develop a program designed to assist all students in acquiring the knowledge and skills necessary to become successful students, productive members of society, and lifelong learners committed to pursuing personal and professional growth.
- To collaborate with the school, families, and community to promote the personal, social, and academic development of the students.
- To facilitate positive, constructive communication among all members of the school community.
- To promote an accepting and inclusive school culture that will value, affirm, and respect the differences among all members.
- To guide all Upper School students through the college admissions process.
Emotional Needs of the Students
- A Crisis Management Team is in place when major concerns and situations of crisis arise.
- The School Counselor follows proper protocol in cases of suicidal ideation.
- When issues of deep emotional stress arise or when spiritual counsel is necessary, students are referred to meet with the School Counselor and/or the Spiritual Life Coordinator in their division.
- When necessary, students are referred to outside agencies for additional support and guidance.
- Students are offered the opportunity to join Bible studies that are frequently offered, as well as small groups that are led by the School Counselor, on topics such as self-esteem, friendship, career development and exploration, and stress/anxiety.