The Koinonia Committee
The word koinonia means Christian fellowship or communion, with God or, more commonly, with fellow Christians.
Led by Trinity trustee and alumni parent RJ Moshay, the Koinonia Committee works to promote the uniquely Christian vision of diversity, inclusion, and community at Trinity School as stated in our Diversity Policy.
The mission of the Koinonia Committee at Trinity School is to foster a vibrant and inclusive community that reflects and celebrates the beauty and diversity of God's kingdom.
To that end, the Koinonia Committee believes that God is moving in the hearts of his people at Trinity School to love one another and to work as his hands and feet in building a unified body that welcomes and embraces one another as his image bearers. Knowing that we must be purposeful and intentional in the practical pursuit of a reconciled community, this committee seeks to
- Identify opportunities and support initiatives that encourage Christ-centered cultural competence: the ability to engage with one another and work effectively and sensitively across differences.
- Cultivate self-awareness, dialogue, understanding, advocacy, peace, and unity.
- Promote and oversee commitment and efforts toward diversity, inclusion, and equity.
- Make recommendations and propose action to the Board and other school leadership in matters of diversity and inclusion.
Members of the Koinonia Committee
Trinity Board, Faculty and Staff
- RJ Moshay (Committee Chair / Board)
- Aaron McKeathon (Board Member)
- Jeff Lloyd (Board Chair)
- Chip Denton (Head of School)
- Mark Waller (US Director)
- Matt Hall (MS Director)
- Amy Chauncey (LS Director)
- Topher Thomas (US Inst. Equity Team Lead)
- Nate Scott (Co-MS Inst. Equity Team Lead)
- Spencer Dicks (Co-MS Inst. Equity Team Lead)
- Shaun Satterfield (Director of Inst. Equity)
- Karman Kent (Dir. of Enrollment)
- Abby Stitsinger (Dir of Learning Services)
- Ellen VanTongeren (US Teacher)
Trinity Parents and Others
- Kathy Booker
- Ruthie Lyle-Cannon
- Katherine Hicks
- Didi Wong
- Edie Oakley
- Meg Lybrand (TPO President)
- Matt Royal
- David Schaad
- Gail Powery
- Keisha Barber