Join the Trinity Community
Founded in 1995, Trinity School is a community convinced that a vibrant Christian faith fosters a rich and deep education. The Christian education we offer here involves the education of the whole person, created in God's image: We honor the life of the mind through the pursuit of deep understandings. We practice good habits and give students a moral framework for their lives. And we seek to awaken the imagination of students, so that their lives are full of wonder and awe at the works of God and the glories of human culture. A Christian school is well-poised to sustain an education in truth, goodness, and beauty. We invite you to read more about this in Trinity’s mission statement. The faculty and staff of Trinity School bring their unique skills and passions and their love for students to the challenging and rewarding work of education. We take delight in our calling to serve God together at Trinity.
Trinity is accredited by Christian Schools International and the Southern Association of Independent Schools and is a member of the North Carolina Association of Independent Schools.
As a condition of employment, candidates must pass a background screening and a complete reference check. Trinity is an equal opportunity employer. No applicant for employment with Trinity shall be subjected to discrimination because of race, color, sex, national origin, disability, or age.
Below are our current open positions. In addition to completing our online application, we request that all applicants submit a cover letter and current resume. Additionally, it is recommended that faculty applicants include college transcripts and licensure certifications.
Applicants for positions at Trinity are asked questions about Trinity’s mission and doctrinal commitments.
Hiring an Associate Head of School
Trinity School turns 25 this year, and we are grateful to God for his faithfulness over this first chapter of our school’s life. We seek a new leader now, someone who will partner with the Head of School and the Board, to advance the school into its third and fourth decades and beyond, to embody the unique mission and vision of Trinity School.
We invite you to learn more by reading our Opportunity Profile and watching the video below. For more information, please contact:
In the subject line of the email, please write “AHOS – Trinity School”
- Lower School Curriculum Coordinator
- Assistant Director of Advancement for Marketing and Communications
- Assistant to the Directors of Upper School and College Counseling
- Substitute Teachers
- Activity Bus Driver (Part-Time)
Trinity School of Durham and Chapel Hill
Lower School Curriculum Coordinator
Trinity School of Durham and Chapel Hill is seeking candidates for the part-time position of Lower School Curriculum Coordinator. The coordinator will emphasize the importance of carrying out the mission of Trinity School while working with the faculty and the Director of Lower School. The coordinator will report to the Lower School Director. She/He will provide leadership and oversight for each unique component of the Lower School curriculum: Christian, Charlotte Mason, classical, Singapore Math, and unit studies. This is an 11-month position (August 1–June 30).
Applicants should have skills in the following areas:
- Providing support for teachers as they implement each aspect of the Lower School curriculum
- Supporting teachers in differentiating the curriculum when necessary
- Coordinating continuous curriculum review and textbook adoption for math and language arts
- Training and supporting teachers new to Trinity
- Implementing the school improvement plan as it relates to the Lower School curriculum
- Performing other duties as assigned by the Head of School and/or Director of Lower School as the role evolves
- Committed follower of Christ
- Strong understanding of the philosophy of Charlotte Mason and classical education
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong collaborative and consensus-building skills
- Five years of classroom teaching experience
To apply for this position, qualified candidates should click on this link here and include a cover letter and resume.
Trinity School is seeking an Assistant Director of Advancement for Marketing and Communications. This is an exempt full-time, 12-months-a-year position and reports to Trinity's Director of Advancement. The Assistant Director works with all departments of the school and its staff, faculty, parents, and students to promote, support and communicate the mission and programs of Trinity School. The successful candidate will be highly organized, experienced in marketing/communications or a related field, have strong interpersonal skills and a customer service focus, and be a committed follower of Christ.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Branding and Marketing
- Develop and execute a communications, branding, and marketing plan that targets key constituencies and builds awareness and understanding of the school’s mission and programs.
- Manage Trinity School’s brand internally and externally by ensuring all communications and marketing properly support and reflect the school’s style guide, mission, and strategic goals, ensuring consistency in tone, messaging, and graphic identity.
- Develop and implement an effective public relations program, as needed, including writing and distributing press releases and maintaining an updated press list. Maintain a list of local media contacts (print, radio, TV, etc.) and maintain regular contact with the media.
- Maintain awareness of independent school marketing trends through resources such as SAIS (Southern Association of Independent Schools), ISM (Independent School Management), NCAIS (North Carolina Association of Independent Schools), NAIS (National Association of Independent Schools), CESA (Council on Educational Standards and Accountability), and Index (Independent School Data Exchange).
- Establish and implement an annual communications calendar that includes production schedule for all video, print and electronic materials, internal and external correspondence, and specific marketing projects.
- Produce and maintain all official school communications and promotional materials and ensure that materials reflect our mission, philosophy, and values. This includes the Trinity School bi-annual magazine, monthly parent news videos, and monthly Head of School newsletter.
- Manage proofreading for all external communications for various school departments.
- Manage the school website, including producing content, overseeing website administration and regularly updating of content, photos and videos.
- Manage all social media sites including producing content and regularly updating all social channels (Instagram, Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, Vimeo, YouTube, etc.).
- Monitor the impact of communications by analyzing website, social media, report metrics, and offer advice on current trends and best practices.
- Photograph and arrange photo coverage of various key events throughout the year.
- Help coordinate the production and distribution of event specific promotional material (including, posters, programs, invitations, etc.) for athletics, art productions, and school-wide events.
- Maintain an archive of published pieces, videos, photos, marketing materials, and historical information.
- Work with Director of Enrollment Management to develop a marketing and communications strategy for recruiting and retention efforts.
- Produce or assist in producing admissions materials to promote the school to prospective families.
- Collaborate with Enrollment Management on the promotion of the school with regard to printed and online admission materials, tours, and admission events.
- Collaborate with Enrollment Management to monitor current Trinity admission trends. Analyze trends based on corresponding marketing efforts and make appropriate marketing adjustments.
- Collaborate with school leaders on communication policies for parents, students, and staff.
- Work with the Senior Staff to create a crisis management communications plan.
- Degree in marketing, communication, journalism, public relations, or related field.
- Three to five years of experience in marketing/communications, journalism, media, or nonprofit/ education.
- Proven strong writing and editorial skills with an ability to produce materials quickly and in a variety of styles (published articles, social media postings, etc.).
- Knowledge and experience with desktop publishing software and content management systems (Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, email marketing platforms).
- Current social media knowledge.
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer service focus and ability to handle school information with discretion, tact, and diplomacy. Willing to work in tandem with various school departments and administrators.
- Highly organized, with strong attention to detail, proactive in nature, ability to prioritize, and flexibility in managing multiple deadlines.
- Comfortable giving presentations (board, senior staff, faculty-staff orientation, tour and information sessions).
- Must be driven by the mission and willing/able to center the school’s internal/external communication around the mission and strategic plan.
- This position is a twelve-month, full-time, exempt position. It requires occasional weekend and evening work.
To apply for this position, qualified candidates should click on this link here and include a cover letter and resume. Candidates may also attach letters of reference, certifications and any other relevant documents.
Assistant to the Directors of Upper School and College Counseling
Trinity seeks a full-time Assistant to the Director of Upper School and the Directors of College Counseling to begin as early as the week of Nov. 18.
For the Director of Upper School, responsibilities include managing the US Director's calendar and email; helping to set up events; ordering classroom books and curriculum materials; assisting with business office forms and budgets; collecting student forms; maintaining attendance records; assisting in the course registration and scheduling processes; overseeing students' signing in and out; creating academic reports; managing academic records; assisting in editing and updating important US documents like handbooks, catalogues, and back to school information; and managing the Upper School's online learning program as well as providing general support to the US and its faculty as needed.
For the Directors of College Counseling, the responsibilities include maintaining and updating our online college counseling management system and assisting students and parents when they have questions about it; assisting in scheduling college admissions officers' visits to Trinity and maintaining the bulletin board that lists colleges' visit schedules; assisting seniors in the college application process by sending needed information to colleges and the NCAA; sending transcripts and other forms and information to colleges; and co-coordinating PSAT testing and coordinating AP testing.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience as an administrative assistant that includes this position's areas of responsibility. Qualities and competencies important to this position include being detail oriented; having outstanding organizational skills; possessing an excellent memory; being a strong multi-tasker; communicating well orally and in writing; enjoying and being good at managing complex tasks and taking on new projects; being comfortable and effective at using digital tools and resources; enjoying and being good with teenagers and adults; being highly discreet, confidential, and professional; and possessing a vibrant love of Christ and of being in a Christ-centered community.
Because this position requires working with such a large number and variety of people, customer service skills and a positive attitude are necessary for success.
To apply for this position, qualified candidates should click on this link here and include a cover letter and resume.
Trinity School of Durham and Chapel Hill has an ongoing need for qualified substitute teachers.
Serving as a substitute teacher involves the instruction, supervision and training of individuals or groups of students in a regular education setting. Substitutes work closely with the division director and lead teacher to plan and deliver a Christian education. Substitutes are charged with delivering lessons, organizing student work, maintaining a safe learning environment for all students, and communicating daily with the division director and classroom teacher. Proficiency in maintaining efficient classroom management skills and establishing close and personal relationship with pupils on a daily basis are also expected.
- 21 years of age or older
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, Associate’s degree acceptable
- Previous experience working with children in a structured setting
- North Carolina Professional Educator certification desired
- Ability to comply with written and or oral instructions
- Ability to create an efficient working relationship with other personnel
- Ability to multitask and be flexible
- Ability to provide a safe and secure learning environment
- Ability to encourage and inspire children
To apply, click on the “Apply for a position at Trinity button below to access our Trinity Employment Application. Substitute teacher candidates do not need to complete the full application. (See the application for details.) Attaching a resume would be helpful but not required.
Apply for a Position at Trinity
Trinity School has an immediate opening for activity bus drivers to transport students to and from athletic events and occasional field trips. Applicants should possess a valid NC CDL and have a clean driving history. The ideal candidate will have experience in driving a 40+ passenger bus and will have a genuine passion and enthusiasm for students.
To apply for this position, click on the button below entitled “Apply for This Position” and attach a cover letter and resume with your application.
The mission of Trinity School is to educate students in transitional kindergarten to grade twelve within the framework of Christian faith and conviction—teaching the classical tools of learning; providing a rich yet unhurried curriculum; and communicating truth, goodness, and beauty.
At Trinity School we seek to create a community in which there is delight in learning and an atmosphere that encourages the sort of intellectual, moral, and aesthetic development that is fitting for those who bear the image of God. We want to challenge our students in a way that stimulates their natural curiosity, guiding their discovery toward personal, intellectual, and spiritual growth.
We offer a more detailed explanation of some of the distinctives of our school here.
Education is primarily the responsibility and privilege of parents, and Trinity School seeks to enter into a partnership with our parents toward the goal of an excellent education. Our aim is to support families by bringing our special resources to bear to help them attain their educational and spiritual goals. To this end, we encourage each family to be actively involved in their child's life as a Trinity student, and we look forward to working together to develop this community of learning called Trinity School.
Read Trinity’s Expanded Mission Statement.
Trinity School is a Christian school, dedicated to a vision of education that is rooted in the Triune God. As an independent school, without institutional ties to any church or denomination, we remain committed to what C.S. Lewis called “mere Christianity”: “no insipid inter-denominational transparency, but something positive, self-consistent, and inexhaustible.” We hold to those truths that have united Christians through the ages, across the boundaries of time, place, race, denomination, and tradition:
- The only true God, the almighty Creator of all things, existing eternally in three persons—Father, Son, and Holy Spirit—full of love and glory.
- The unique divine inspiration, entire trustworthiness, and authority of the Bible.
- The value and dignity of all people: created in God’s image to live in love and holiness, but alienated from God and each other because of our sin and guilt, and justly subject to God’s wrath.
- Jesus Christ, fully human and fully divine, who lived as a perfect example, who assumed the judgment due sinners by dying in our place, and who was bodily raised from the dead and ascended as Savior and Lord.
- Justification by God’s grace to all who repent and put their faith in Jesus Christ alone for salvation.
- The indwelling presence and transforming power of the Holy Spirit, who gives to all believers a new life and new calling to obedient service.
- The unity of all believers in Jesus Christ, manifest in worshiping and witnessing churches making disciples throughout the world.
- The victorious reign and future personal return of Jesus Christ, who will judge all people with justice and mercy, giving over the unrepentant to eternal condemnation but receiving the redeemed into eternal life.
Full-Time Employment Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Matching retirement
- Immediately vested
- Tuition remission
- After-school program faculty discount
- Flex medical savings
- Professional development
- Weekly worship service
- Peer-to-peer mentoring
- iPad and/or laptop for faculty and staff