Join the Trinity Community
Founded in 1995, Trinity School is a community convinced that a vibrant Christian faith fosters a rich and deep education. The Christian education we offer here involves the education of the whole person, created in God's image: We honor the life of the mind through the pursuit of deep understandings. We practice good habits and give students a moral framework for their lives. And we seek to awaken the imagination of students, so that their lives are full of wonder and awe at the works of God and the glories of human culture. A Christian school is well-poised to sustain an education in truth, goodness, and beauty. We invite you to read more about this in Trinity’s mission statement. The faculty and staff of Trinity School bring their unique skills and passions and their love for students to the challenging and rewarding work of education. We take delight in our calling to serve God together at Trinity.
Trinity is accredited by Christian Schools International and the Southern Association of Independent Schools and is a member of the North Carolina Association of Independent Schools.
As a condition of employment, candidates must pass a background screening and a complete reference check. Trinity is an equal opportunity employer. No applicant for employment with Trinity shall be subjected to discrimination because of race, color, sex, national origin, disability, or age.
Below are our current open positions. In addition to completing our online application, we request that all applicants submit a cover letter and current resume. Additionally, it is recommended that faculty applicants include college transcripts and licensure certifications.
Applicants for positions at Trinity are asked questions about Trinity’s mission and doctrinal commitments.
- Director of Athletics
- Middle School Boys Basketball Coach
- Substitute Teachers
- Facilities Technician (Part-Time)
- Activity Bus Driver (Part-Time)
Director of Athletics
Full time position (12 month)
Start Date: On or before July 1, 2019
Reports to: Assistant Head of School
Trinity School of Durham and Chapel Hill seeks an experienced and engaging leader to direct all aspects of Trinity’s interscholastic athletic programs. Trinity’s Director of Athletics is responsible for carrying out the school’s Christian mission while leading an athletic program which serves both aspiring college athletes and recreational athletes equally well.
The Director of Athletics is a member of the school’s senior staff. In addition to coordinating all athletic offerings, the director supervises all coaches and physical education teachers, the athletic trainer, and the Middle School Athletic Director
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
- To direct the athletic program within the philosophy of the school and the guidelines determined by the Head of School or Assistant Head of School and, with the aid of fellow coaches, see that it is implemented.
- To promote high standards of sportsmanship by Trinity School students, parents and coaches. The Director shall work to develop good relations with other schools based on healthy competition and sportsmanship.
- To recommend to the Head of School and Assistant Head of School what interscholastic teams and/or recreational programs, and how many levels of each, will be offered at Trinity School.
- To supervise all of the Trinity School coaches. The Director will annually advise the Assistant Head of School on coaching assignments.
- To work with the Human Resources/Business Office to ensure all coaches have completed and signed all hiring paperwork including I-9 documentation and coaching stipend sheets before their first day of coaching.
- To act as a liaison between the Trinity School coaching staff and the Assistant Head of School and handle any problem arising on the coaching staff. Any significant problem should be reported to the Assistant Head of School or Head of School for action.
- To approve, with the Head of School or Assistant Head of School, any use of outside personnel in the athletic program.
- To submit to the Business Manager during budget preparation time the projected athletic budget for the coming school year and adhere to it.
- To arrange, with the advice of the coaches and the approval of the Head of School or Assistant Head of School, the scheduling of all athletic contests. The Director shall distribute the schedule to all coaches, parents and students prior to each athletic season and inform them of any changes in the printed schedule.
- To maintain good public relations with parents and teachers by keeping them informed about the athletic program.
- To work with the academic directors and the Assistant Head of School to provide and staff developmentally appropriate health and physical education courses in grades TK-12.
- To work with Directors of Upper School and Middle School to maintain a healthy balance of academics and athletics, and also work with the Director regarding any academic probation issues.
- To make an effort to see that the athletic program receives regular and timely publicity in the local media (with guidance and assistance from the Director of Marketing).
- To assume possible coaching and teaching assignments as needed and approved by the Head of School or Assistant Head of School.
- To determine and schedule athletic facility use and rental by outside individuals and groups.
- To represent Trinity School at the Tri-TAC Conference level and State (NCISAA) level.
- To oversee student transportation for athletic events.
- To maintain and schedule all school vehicles for use by teachers and coaches.
- To organize and oversee the Athletic Booster Club.
- To work closely with the Advancement Director on any fundraising for athletics.
- To be an active and collaborative member of the Senior Staff team.
- To attend Board meetings as requested by the Head of School or Assistant Head of School.
- To work together with the Director of Enrollment Management to present Trinity Athletics in a clear and powerful way to prospective families.
- To ensure that all NCISAA rules for interacting prospective students and families are observed by coaches.
- Bachelor’s degree in Recreational Sciences, Sports Management, or a similar field in which athletic administration and human resource management are focal points.
- 3-5 years of experience leading an athletic organization or athletic department.
- Coaching experience, preferably at all levels (elementary, middle, high school, college).
- Certification in CPR, First Aid and AED.
- A graduate degree in Recreational Sciences, Sports Management or a related field.
- Playing experience at the college or professional level.
- Independent school experience.
To apply for this position, please click below to fill out the Trinity School Application and attach a cover letter and resume. College transcripts, licensure certificates and reference letters may also be attached. The application deadline is 4:00 pm on November 30, 2018.
Trinity School is seeking a Middle School Boys Basketball Coach for the 2018-2019 season. Qualified candidates will have a Christian commitment consistent with the school's mission, and will be passionate about coaching Middle School students. Middle School coaches collaborate with Trinity's Varsity Coaches and will report to the Middle School Athletic Director.
Compensation will be discussed during the interview process.
To be considered for this position, fill out the Trinity School Employment Application below and attach a resume and a cover letter.
Trinity School of Durham and Chapel Hill has an ongoing need for qualified substitute teachers.
Serving as a substitute teacher involves the instruction, supervision and training of individuals or groups of students in a regular education setting. Substitutes work closely with the division director and lead teacher to plan and deliver a Christian education. Substitutes are charged with delivering lessons, organizing student work, maintaining a safe learning environment for all students, and communicating daily with the division director and classroom teacher. Proficiency in maintaining efficient classroom management skills and establishing close and personal relationship with pupils on a daily basis are also expected.
- 21 years of age or older
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, Associate’s degree acceptable
- Previous experience working with children in a structured setting
- North Carolina Professional Educator certification desired
- Ability to comply with written and or oral instructions
- Ability to create an efficient working relationship with other personnel
- Ability to multitask and be flexible
- Ability to provide a safe and secure learning environment
- Ability to encourage and inspire children
To apply, click on the “Apply for a position at Trinity button below to access our Trinity Employment Application. Substitute teacher candidates do not need to complete the full application. (See the application for details.) Attaching a resume would be helpful but not required.
Apply for a Position at Trinity
Facilities Technician (Part-Time)
Trinity School of Durham and Chapel Hill is currently seeking a facilities technician. This part-time position will begin immediately and is a year-round position. Normal hours are from 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. Monday through Friday with occasional special-event hours, and 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. when the facilities manager is away. The responsibilities of the facilities technician mainly center on the maintenance and minor repair of the interior and exterior of Trinity's campus and assisting the facilities manager.
Please see the job description below for specific details of the position. The ideal candidate will have a high school or equivalent degree, experience reflecting the ability to perform the duties listed in the job description, and problem-solving skills, along with a “make it happen” attitude.
Qualified candidates who would like to apply should click on the button below entitled “Apply for This Position” and attach a cover letter and resume with their application.
Part-time (approximately 20–25 hours a week) for 12 months.
To perform the day-to-day duties required to maintain a clean and safe environment, supporting the faculty, staff, and students in a way that is consistent with Trinity’s mission and commitment to education.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Maintenance and minor repairs of the interior and exterior of the school, including
- Opening the campus in the morning
- Working with the Advancement Office staff on special events
- Making minor repairs, including carpentry, drywall, and plumbing
- Assisting in the maintenance of the campus grounds and parking lot
- Completing assigned SchoolDude tasks
- Maintaining relationships with our subcontractors
- Carrying out daily inspections of the property, including playgrounds and parking lots
- Being professional and courteous to employees, students, and families
- Participating on the Security Alarm list
- Carrying out other duties as necessary
The ideal candidate will be experienced and self-motivated, with problem-solving skills and a "make it happen" a ttitude.
Necessary Physical Capabilities:
- Lift 50 lbs.
- Use a backpack blower
- Climb a ladder
- Operate a golf cart
Trinity School has an immediate opening for activity bus drivers to transport students to and from athletic events and occasional field trips. Applicants should possess a valid NC CDL and have a clean driving history. The ideal candidate will have experience in driving a 40+ passenger bus and will have a genuine passion and enthusiasm for students.
To apply for this position, click on the button below entitled “Apply for This Position” and attach a cover letter and resume with your application.
The mission of Trinity School is to educate students in transitional kindergarten to grade twelve within the framework of Christian faith and conviction—teaching the classical tools of learning; providing a rich yet unhurried curriculum; and communicating truth, goodness, and beauty.
At Trinity School we seek to create a community in which there is delight in learning and an atmosphere that encourages the sort of intellectual, moral, and aesthetic development that is fitting for those who bear the image of God. We want to challenge our students in a way that stimulates their natural curiosity, guiding their discovery toward personal, intellectual, and spiritual growth.
We offer a more detailed explanation of some of the distinctives of our school here.
Education is primarily the responsibility and privilege of parents, and Trinity School seeks to enter into a partnership with our parents toward the goal of an excellent education. Our aim is to support families by bringing our special resources to bear to help them attain their educational and spiritual goals. To this end, we encourage each family to be actively involved in their child's life as a Trinity student, and we look forward to working together to develop this community of learning called Trinity School.
Read Trinity’s Expanded Mission Statement.
Trinity School is a Christian school, dedicated to a vision of education that is rooted in the Triune God. As an independent school, without institutional ties to any church or denomination, we remain committed to what C.S. Lewis called “mere Christianity”: “no insipid inter-denominational transparency, but something positive, self-consistent, and inexhaustible.” We hold to those truths that have united Christians through the ages, across the boundaries of time, place, race, denomination, and tradition:
- The only true God, the almighty Creator of all things, existing eternally in three persons—Father, Son, and Holy Spirit—full of love and glory.
- The unique divine inspiration, entire trustworthiness, and authority of the Bible.
- The value and dignity of all people: created in God’s image to live in love and holiness, but alienated from God and each other because of our sin and guilt, and justly subject to God’s wrath.
- Jesus Christ, fully human and fully divine, who lived as a perfect example, who assumed the judgment due sinners by dying in our place, and who was bodily raised from the dead and ascended as Savior and Lord.
- Justification by God’s grace to all who repent and put their faith in Jesus Christ alone for salvation.
- The indwelling presence and transforming power of the Holy Spirit, who gives to all believers a new life and new calling to obedient service.
- The unity of all believers in Jesus Christ, manifest in worshiping and witnessing churches making disciples throughout the world.
- The victorious reign and future personal return of Jesus Christ, who will judge all people with justice and mercy, giving over the unrepentant to eternal condemnation but receiving the redeemed into eternal life.
Full-Time Employment Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Matching retirement
- Immediately vested
- Tuition remission
- After-school program faculty discount
- Flex medical savings
- Professional development
- Weekly worship service
- Peer-to-peer mentoring
- iPad and/or laptop for faculty and staff