Back to School • Fall 2021
Welcome Trinity Lions!
We are gearing up for the start of school, and we'd like to share with you about our plans for offering Trinity’s education in a safe and healthy manner this fall. On this page you can find the latest on our pandemic protocols as well as back-to-school information about carpool, school supplies, and more.We want to remind our entire community of two big ideas that inform all of our decisions related to our health and safety protocols:
- First, we are aiming to prevent the transmission of Covid-19 on campus. This is the goal that we have the most control over, and the one that, so far as we know, we were able to accomplish during the 2020-2021 school year.
- Second, we are committed to our Non Nobis ethic: We live to serve one another in love, following our Lord who came not to be served but to serve (Mark 10:45).
Summary of Pandemic Protocols
Here are the most important and relevant matters for your attention at the present time:
- Vaccinations. Trinity continues to support and encourage vaccinations for everyone who is eligible. We are not currently requiring vaccinations as a condition of employment, and there are many students, especially in our Lower School, who are not yet eligible for vaccinations.
- Masks. All adults and students, both vaccinated and unvaccinated, will wear masks indoors and outdoors. We will say more about our reasons for this policy below.
- Social Distancing. Students and teachers will observe three-foot distancing, which will allow us to return to normal class sizes and also to many of the pedagogical practices that we had to change or abandon last year.
- Quarantining. With masking and three-foot distancing, students will not be required to quarantine if they are a close contact with someone who tests positive or exhibits symptoms of Covid-19. This is a great advance over the strict quarantine protocol we had last year. (Anyone who is considered a close contact off campus where masks were not in place would need to follow our 10-day quarantine protocol.)
- Daily Ascend. All students and staff will be required to complete the daily Ascend health screening and show the green checkmark at the start of each school day. This practice has two advantages: it gives our school nurse the best data we can easily gather about some proxies for school health; and it reminds us all to be vigilant about not coming to school with symptoms of illness.
- Carpool. We will run carpools in the mornings and afternoons in the same way we did last year, which means that drivers should stay in their cars. This discipline, along with the staggered start and end times, will minimize the crowding of our sidewalks and hallways during the busy arrival and departure times. Those start and end times are
- Lower School: 8:15 a.m. to 2:15 p.m. (doors open at 8:00 a.m.)
- Middle School: 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. (doors open at 7:45 a.m.)
- Upper School: 8:30 a.m. to 3:15 p.m. (doors open at 8:00 a.m.)
For drop-off before 8 a.m.: If you are dropping off Middle School students only, use the outer lane along the sidewalk. If you are dropping off Middle School students along with students in other divisions, please use the inside lane (on the right). The inside lane will stay closed until 8 a.m. Lower School and Upper School students should stay in their cars until 8 a.m.
- Parents in the Buildings. A limited number of parents will be allowed in the buildings during the day to attend meetings, volunteer in classrooms, and help in other ways around the school. All adults in the buildings should be masked and maintain six-foot distancing.
- Gatherings. We will resume mid-sized gatherings such as divisional worship, Cornerstone, parent meetings, and admission tours. We will not resume all-school chapels and other large gatherings that involve the entire school and hundreds of people in one indoor space.
- Outdoor Gatherings. We will continue to encourage outdoor gatherings of students, as these provide opportunities for removing masks.
- Early Dismissal Days.
- Tuesday, August 31
- Wednesday, September 29
- Tuesday, November 9
- Wednesday, December 8
- Tuesday, February 8
- Wednesday, May 4
- View Trinity's updated pandemic protocols.
- Hear from Trinity's School Counselor about how to help prepare your child emotionally to return to school in person.