Trinity Lions Athletics
Trinity School's athletics program offers 10 sports with more than 30 teams during three full seasons of interscholastic sports for students in grades 6–12. Students compete at the middle school, JV, and varsity levels, and more than 85% of eligible students participate. Trinity teams strive to honor God and compete with excellence and integrity while enabling students to learn fundamental skills, sportsmanship, leadership, and perseverance in pursuit of their goals, helping each team member to reach his or her full potential.
At the heart of all our programs are three core values:
Christ, Commitment, and Courage.
"From the beginning, Trinity focused on me as both an athlete and a person. Talent, improvement, and competition are important, but character development is the most important area of focus to my Trinity coaches."• Conor Dunn, Class of 2020
Trinity Lions Sportsmanship Code
I will do my best:
- To show reverence for God and govern my actions and words accordingly.
- To treat others with respect and kindness, including teammates, coaches, officials, opponents, and spectators.
- To build others up and promote the good of the school community.
- To honor my own body and those of others by making healthy choices on and off the field, court, pool, greens, and track.
- To pursue excellence in all I do.
- To demonstrate good sportsmanship, integrity, and fair play at each and every practice and competition.
- To be committed to every practice and competition whatever my role on the team, with no unexcused absences.
- To encourage and assist my teammates to become better athletes.
- To go the extra mile in helping to set up and clean up, leading by example and service.
Trinity School Wins National Award for Reimagining School Sports
In September 2021, Trinity School was named the winner of the Aspen Institute's national Reimagining School Sports award in the Private High Schools category. This honor, which includes a $20,000 grant to the school, recognizes Trinity School as an exemplary and innovative school that grows sports and physical activity participation for all students. The school was chosen for its innovative, personalized four-year athletic plan for students—similar to a four-year academic plan. Read the full report.